Huge thanks to our supporters! For this year’s walk we had 43 teams and several individual walkers who collectively raised $147,000!
There were many poignant moments and many wild and crazy moments this year. Great music from DJ Mikey, delicious hot dogs from ACA board president Doug DeMedicis. Walkers enjoyed coffee and hot chocolate, visiting with our sponsors, and just being together united in one cause.
We especially want to say that we missed Amanda Tapley McGriff, Miss Alabama 2008, who has sung the national anthem since at every walk since 2008. We congratulate Amanda and her husband Bronson on the birth of their son. He was born 40 hours before the walk!
Please mark your calendars for November 4, 2023 for next year’s event.
ACA’s programs and services currently serve over 300 individuals living with Alzheimer’s each month. These programs include
- Adult day care center scholarships
- Project Lifesaver Bracelets for patients at risk for wandering
- Continence products delivered to the home each month
- Educational webinars, Zoom support group meetings, and telephone counseling and our weekly e-newsletter
- Research including our Pre-Doctoral Scholars program at UAB
- In-home respite care
- The nutritional supplement Ensure delivered each month
- Activity kits and robotic pets to help fill the long days
ACA is a 501©3 tax-exempt organization.
Photos from our 2022 Kickoff Event
You must be logged in to post a comment.