Adult Day Care Scholarship Program
ACA will award scholarships for dementia patients to attend adult day care centers that have agreed to participate in the program. Scholarships will be for up to $250 per month or for up to two days per week.
- Patient must reside within one of the twenty-one counties ACA serves: Bibb, Blount, Calhoun, Cleburne, Chilton, Clay, Coosa, Etowah, Fayette, Greene, Hale, Jefferson, Lamar, Pickens, Randolph, Shelby, St. Clair, Talladega, Tallapoosa, Tuscaloosa, or Walker.
- Patients must have a dementing illness.
- The patient must have a caregiver.
- Scholarships for up to $250 per month will be awarded for dementia patients to attend adult day care centers for up to two days per week.
- The caregiver is responsible for selecting the center that best fits their patient’s needs.
- A scholarship award will be for one year, with the possibility for renewal at year’s end.
- Placements are reevaluated every six months for continued appropriateness.
- ACA will make every effort to publicize the availability of the funds for scholarships through our newsletter. As our time and our resources allow, information will be distributed to home health agencies, social workers, case managers, support group facilitators and through the newsletter distributed to the trainers of the Dementia Education Training Program, DETA.
- The agencies / individuals will assist caregivers in applying for the scholarships.
- The referring agency/individual is asked to attempt to verify the application information, but is not held legally responsible for the information provided.
- A listing of all participating centers with descriptions of their services is provided in the Scholarship Application Packet.
- Among participating centers some variation exists in services provided and degree of impairment accepted.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant (with assistance from the referring agency/individual if needed) to contact the centers of their preference to confirm their ability to care for the patient appropriately.
- In applying for a scholarship, a caregiver is asked to provide a summary of their finances and their psychosocial history.
- A scholarship review committee made up of three ACA board members, who are not affiliated with an adult day care center, and two community representatives, will make the selections.
- On average, forty to fifty scholarships are awarded each year.
- The scholarship review committee and the board of directors of ACA will review the application process and would welcome public comment on the process.
- ACA will pay the day care center for the days the participant attends, under the scholarship arrangement. Payment will be mailed the first week of each month for the previous month.
Below you can download the application form for the scholarship program. The ACA scholarship committee will review your application at their next scheduled meeting. Following the review, you will be notified by mail of the committee’s decision. If you have any questions, please call the ACA office. We look forward to being of assistance to you.
Continence Scholarship Program
Alzheimer’s of Central Alabama is pleased to be able to offer a continence products scholarship program. The program enables us to provide much needed assistance to Alzheimer’s patients and their caregivers in our region. We realize the cost of continence products can be a major factor in the costs associated with providing care in the home. Our goal is to continue to find funding and opportunities to assist caregivers in the very important but demanding role they serve.
Our plan provides a set amount of products to selected recipients on a monthly basis. These are shipped to the home from a medical supply company. The amount to be supplied will be based on applicant need and available funding.
Click below to print the application form for this scholarship program. The ACA Scholarship committee will review your application at the next scheduled meeting. Following the committee’s review, you will be notified by mail of the decision.
If you have any questions, please call the ACA office. We look forward to being of assistance to you.