On the First Saturday in November, the ACA parking lot is filled with balloons, clowns, music, food, and special moments. Gather friends, family, coworkers, neighbors, and form a walk team. Your team can walk in honor or memory of someone special to you. We are happy to share ideas on how to make this fun and successful! Contact us today or look for information as the date gets closer.
Held each year on Mother’s Day weekend, this fun event takes place at Iron City in downtown Birmingham. It includes both live and silent auctions, which historically feature hundreds of items and something for everyone! In addition to the items donated to the auction this event is also supported by personal or corporate donations and by ticket sales. Call us today and ask how you can be a part of the fun.
This summer-time night Golf tournament is a real crowd-pleaser. This event, which supports our Junior Board’s Predoctoral Scholars Program in Alzheimer’s Research at UAB, includes 9 holes in the afternoon, a dinner break, and 9 holes with lighted balls and cart paths. The dinner includes live music, auction items, and a research update from UAB. Spectator tickets are also available.
This Junior Board event supports its research program at UAB. Each year we gather at a local brewery on a weekend afternoon and enjoy music, fun, and libations! An auction/raffle is also a part of this event. Your attendance, sponsorship, or donation of an auction item would be appreciated and supports young researchers right here in Alabama.
Create Your own Event
Over the years we have had many amazing and unique fundraising events held by various organizations and individuals. Some of these include:
- a golf tournament by the Eastern Women’s Committee of 50
- Shoot for a Cure basketball event put on by board member Doug DeMedicis
- a percentage of sales events at local businesses.
- Amazon smile purchases.
- Riverchase Women’s Club has a history of support in the form of art shows, tablescape events, and creative walk team activities.
To plan a personalized birthday or anniversary campaign with the ability to donate directly to our website please contact us.
Each Easter, Independence Day, and Christmas, ACA board members and volunteers hand deliver Care Baskets filled with food and household supplies. Our supporters sponsor the baskets through donations, but those making the deliveries have an opportunity to chat with the families on our programs and see firsthand both their needs as well as their compassion in caring for their loved one.
Create Fidget Blankets
Creating “Fidget Blankets” for people living with dementia is a popular activity at several local churches and senior centers. Many are made with plac mats others are made as a quilt. These colorful lap blankets are covered with unattachable key fobs, watches, jewelry, zippers, stuffed animals, etc. We share these blankets through our care basket program or will ship directly to the home of anyone requesting one. Families share positive stories of these blankets offering relief from boredom for their loved one. If you are interested in learning more, please contact us.
An easy way for your company to support our programs is by being a Corporate Partner. This $4,000 annual sponsorship package, which can be paid monthly, quarterly, or annually, includes:
- Sponsorship of all major fund-raising events for the year – including tickets to our popular Garden Art Party, a table display at Walking to Remember, and a large logo on event T-shirts
- Recognition in our newsletter which is mailed to over 1,200 families twice a year and emailed through Constant Contact and other industry email lists
- An advertisement in our annual Alzheimer’s Art Calendar
- Your logo and link on the home page of the ACA website which has an average of over 2,500 website visits from over 1,000 visitors per month.
- A foursome and sponsorship of our totally fun Glow for a Cure night golf tournament, which benefits our research program, sponsoring a pre-doctoral student at UAB.
For those of you who are familiar enough with the activities of Alzheimer’s of Central Alabama, we welcome your interest in serving on our board. Please review the attached Board Standards document and contact us for more information. (our board)
Junior Board Membership
Alzheimer’s of Central Alabama established our Junior Board in 2016 to engage young professionals to join us and support our local efforts to improve the lives of patients and caregivers. Most of our 30-member board have a family connection to the disease or work in the senior industry. All members support the goal of working towards a world without Alzheimer’s. (learn more here)