Alzheimer’s of Central Alabama Development Director – part time
Alzheimer’s of Central Alabama, a local organization that provides services for families living with dementia, is seeking a part-time Development Director. Responsible for the Annual and Endowment Campaign. Works with ACA’s Jr. Board to help them achieve their fundraising goal for our annual research grant. Reports directly to the Executive Director
Requires college degree, minimum 1-3 years fundraising experience with individual gifts of $1,000 and above.
The ideal candidate will have experience personally calling on prospective donors, as well as managing volunteer solicitors.
Drives the development process, holding volunteers and staff accountable for progress.
Coordinates prospect appointments for volunteer solicitors. Accompanies volunteer solicitors as necessary.
Prepares fundraising progress reports for Endowment board and regular board.
Coordinates stewardship campaign to regularly thank donors.
Works closely with endowment board to identify and recruit new board members and provides orientation for them. Coordinates correspondence with the endowment board and manages the agenda for their meetings.
Establishes financial development goals with the endowment board of directors.
Works closely with the Jr. Board and assists with their fundraising efforts. Manages their correspondence and meeting agendas. Maintains the Jr. Board waiting list.
Assists with proofing ACA’s printed material.
Is flexible to assist with ACA’s special events and fundraisers.
Works closely with Executive director and Community Relations Coordinator.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Basic computer skills in word processing and electronic communications.
- Knowledge of Giftworks or similar fundraising database .
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to interact with major gift prospects.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to work well in a small team environment.
Interested candidates email Miller Piggott: email@example.com